Dingle and Tralee bay

Sun Aug 04, 2024 6:13 pm

Hi all making our annual pilgrimage over from Wales in 3 wks , how are the Dingle and Tralee bays fishing at the moment any big stingers been caught around the Brandon ,stradbally area
Cheers paul

Re: Dingle and Tralee bay

Wed Aug 14, 2024 3:43 pm

Willrockhopper wrote:Hi all making our annual pilgrimage over from Wales in 3 wks , how are the Dingle and Tralee bays fishing at the moment any big stingers been caught around the Brandon ,stradbally area
Cheers paul

Been down all summer fishing the tralee bay and brandon bay. Very few big stingers being caught all year. theres a few smaller stingers being caught but still not many. Plenty of painted, thornies and undulates being caught on the usual marks. Few tope being caught off the beaches and theres some nice smoothies were taken off derrymore earlier in the year but i havent seen any in a while. Bass fishing down here has been poor in general this year. There are a few being got but no good days really in a while now

Thu Aug 22, 2024 7:44 am

Thanks James
As for Maddie's and blow lug any good areas to dig them and is Chris o, Sullivan still doing frozen sand eel just in case we run out thanks in advance for the reply
Paul

Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:55 am

Willrockhopper wrote:Thanks James
As for Maddie's and blow lug any good areas to dig them and is Chris o, Sullivan still doing frozen sand eel just in case we run out thanks in advance for the reply
Paul

Worth giving chris a shout to see if hes doing the eels. I believe he is but jsut give him a ping. As for lug and maddies. Not sure on the maddies as i usually get them from Chris's Nephew Finn.

Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:37 am

James Thanks for the info you provided , I am back home now the week went far to quick as for the fishing we had nothing to write home about the fishing was pretty poor to other years ,maybe could be due to no prolonged settle spell and too many storms beaches that normally produce for us were pretty sparse. Still it was a nice to be back , start planning for next year

Wed Sep 04, 2024 3:29 pm

Ah unfortunately same story ive been seeing and hearing all year down there. Ive found ti very tough fishing all summer down there and I havent heard of anything decent being got off the surf beaches at all.