Tralee Bay

Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:49 am

Anything happening in Tralee Bay at the moment. Going down there at the weekend maybe and was hoping to wet a line. Any chance of a bass on the fly this time of year??

Eoin

Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:31 pm

any luck in tralee bay when you we down.

Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:04 pm

Not a thing I'm afraid.

Tried Clogher head on the dingle peninsulla and barrow harbour and nothing doing

Sure thats the way it goes sometimes!!

Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:50 pm

Fished Fenit today form a deck chair due to the gammy ankle of mine.Mid flood produced 2 doggies,2 coalies,1 whiting and strangly 1 gurnard about 1/2 pound in the space of 1 hour and then all quiet again.I had never caught a gurnard before so happy days.Fenit can still throw up some surprises.

tralee bay

Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:12 am

hopefully some rays should be in the bay soon, i'm going down to fenit for the bank holiday next week and have done ok first week in may on previous visits, but that was some years ago. dunno if stingers and tope are gonna be about, or indeed the many mullet but i am ever hopeful. anyway i'm almost guaranteed good pollack at kells. (don't be so sure of yourself!)

boone

Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:38 am

booner not boone!

Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:55 am

Booner,I think it is just a little too early for tope unless we get some really fine weather over the next few weeks.Usually mid to late may is better.There is a good chance of stingray again if the weather warms up.The best place to target them is in the area behind the tankard pub 2 hours either side of low warer.There is a channel about 80 to 100 yards out that you should aim for.